Quality software is integral to effective high-performance computing. RCC installs, configures, and maintains hundreds of software packages on Midway. Midway1 and Midway2 have different versions of software packages, and each software package is optimized for that particular platform. Therefore, it is highly recommended not to run Midway1 software packages on Midway2 or vice versa. For more information on software at RCC and to see a full list of installed packages, see the Software Guide.
Upon request, RCC can build and install open-source software for our users. Commercial scientific software can often be difficult for individuals to obtain and install; RCC can help negotiate licensing agreements and purchasing, and migrate purchased commercial software to our systems.
RCC actively maintains many software packages including:
- Compilers: We have the latest GNU and Intel C/C++/Fortran compiler suites, as well as Nvidia’s CUDA compiler for GPU computing. We also maintain compilers for other languages as requested including Java, Haskell, ML, Pascal, and assembly.
- Programming environments: We maintain several versions of Python, Matlab, Mathematica, Stata, and R, as well as several other languages and environments. These environments include many commonly used third-party libraries and packages.
- Data-processing tools: These include programs for dealing with large-scale data formats, like HDF5 and NetCDF, as well as data-movement tools such as Globus and database software like PostgreSQL and Hadoop.
- Numerical libraries: These include Intel’s Math Kernel Library (MKL), a set of highly tuned linear algebra routines; the GNU Scientific Library (GSL); FFTW Fourier transform library; and others.
- Community codes: We have a large number of commonly-used scientific software packages including codes for molecular dynamics, such as LAMMPS and NAMD; astrophysical analysis and visualization, such as YT and Ifrit; QIIME for microbiology; and many more.
To inquire about specific software installations at RCC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.